Autumn in the Forest

Autumn in the Forest

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Book Plug

I have gotten lazy about advertising my book these past few weeks. Well, life has been filled with many other things of late, and marketing has dropped below transitioning my daughter to her new room, removing clutter from our home, cleaning up the yard at my father's house, exercising to lose unwanted weight, and researching paleo recipes. So, I'm plugging my book in my blog this week.

"Season of Crows" is the first book of a pentalogy. I recently emailed the edited copy of book two, "Season of Madness," to my editor and am expecting publication later this year. I am now writing book three, "Season of Storms," and will spend tomorrow writing/typing with two other authors in the bowels of our wonderful local library.

An unusual fact about me: I write everything by hand. I don't like or trust computers, and I have seen other authors weep in frustration because their computers fought with them every step of the way.  The pen I use is a G-2 Pilot gel pen, and it's like writing with butter. I love it! When school comes around and supplies go on sale, I buy up several spiral-bound notebooks, and these become my paper of choice.

Although I now spend my days alone because the kids are in school, I can rarely write at home. The phone rings, the chicken get attacked, and the laundry is always calling me. "Season of Madness" was written almost entirely at Subway in our local Wal-Mart. I cried while writing some of the scenes, and that means I was crying in Subway. In public. For everyone to see. Sigh...

"Season of Crows," which is available in ebook and paperback at several sites (including Amazon and Barnes & Noble) took quite a long time to write. After writing the first half of the book, a tragic thing happened in my life, and I experienced eight solid months of clinical depression. The second half was written after that terrible period, so the book as a whole took much longer to produce than the second book.

Things have finally evened out for our family. Now I just need readers to give my book a chance. I wrote "Season of Crows" with middle schoolers in mind, but a number of adults have read and enjoyed my book as well. I am asking for readers of any age to give my book a shot. Librarians, teachers, fantasy fans, cosplayers, parents, kids, grandparents, anyone and everyone--give my book as a gift if it's not your type. Below are links to the paperback and ebook versions. And I would appreciate a review on Amazon when you have finished reading it. I review every book I read. It's important to the author who poured their guts onto the page.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment