Autumn in the Forest

Autumn in the Forest

Thursday, September 26, 2019

Autumn Arrives

As summer days begin to wind down, fall colors start to emerge. I, for one, cannot wait for the beautiful reds to show--reds as beautiful as those on the male house finch.
 
Summertime has been a struggle for me in recent years due to a thyroid condition completely out of my control. I get very little work done during the hottest parts of the year, and that includes outside work as well as writing. Rather, I enjoy the cooler, less humid months and tend to spend much more time outside when they finally arrive.
 
Lately, the mornings have been cool enough for me to sit in the back yard before the sun rises and enjoy the sounds of crickets chirping and the occasional bird singing. It does me good to be out in nature again. Truly. When I can recharge my soul in nature, I can start things anew. New writing, new projects, new goals. Autumn marks the beginning of the productive season for me.
 
So, yes, I look forward to the cold. Things get done when I am not in misery from the heat. I hope this time of year is just as good for you.

 
 
 
 
 

Season of Crows”





Season of Madness”




No comments:

Post a Comment