Autumn in the Forest

Autumn in the Forest

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Finding My Place in this World

When I threatened to vomit on my future publisher and future editor prior to my novel's pitch, I had no idea that they would actually want to see my work.  As it turned out, they did, and I am thrilled to announce that Oghma Creative Media will breathe life into my Evershade series in July 2016.

In book one, Evershade:  Season of Crows, Ash struggles to find his place in this world.  Orphaned at a young age, his fellow walnut keepers, the inhabitants of Evershade, raised him.  For a mouse, he was most fortunate to have survived the opossum attack, but now that he has his own burrow, what destiny awaits him?  When the land is stricken with the worst drought in memory, and the stream dries up, Ash and all of Evershade must struggle to survive the suffocating heat, stale water from the cisterns, and bitter food rations.  And when two banished mousemaids seek out the Crow Kingdom to exact their revenge on Evershade's king, the walnut keepers must make a terrible choice--stay and fight for their beloved home, or flee for their very lives.

This blog will consist of the backstory of some of these characters.  For example, why is Evershade's watcher, a massive chipmunk named Roan, the only one with true battle experience?  What were the tales of the great snail lords in the Crystal Caverns that Queen Sapphire told to Prince Sky when he was just a chick?  And exactly how did the white warrior squirrels of the Order of Rozka come to be?

I look forward to you joining me on this journey.  I might even slip in a little sidestory now and then just for the fun of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment